Hazardous materials are considered any substance or compound that has a capability of producing adverse effects on the health and safety of humans. Every year, thousands of workers get injured or killed because of fatal chemical or other toxic hazards. The United Nations (UN) and other governmental bodies have provided many rules and regulations to prevent hazards and perform safe operations at the workplace. The UN refers to theirs as the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS). It is very important to know that we can save lives at the workplace. This course gives you a basic understanding of how to deal with hazardous materials and how we can protect ourselves from their lethal hazards to prevent injury, illness, and/or death.
- Importance of Hazard Communication Standard
- Acute and Chronic Health Effects
- Elements of Shipped Container label
- Information on Safety Data Sheets (SDS's)
- Topics of Hazardous Chemical Training
- Purpose of Hazard Communication Program